Staff Writer, Video
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re currently seeking a full-time Staff Writer, Video to join us in our New York City office. This is a fast-paced, dynamic role writing and editing copy for our growing video channels for everything from recipes and cooking techniques to travel, home, and lifestyle stories. This position will report to the Editor-in-Chief and work closely with Food52's Creative Director.
- Researching and developing story ideas for video in food, home, design, travel and beyond, with an eye for viewer experience, humor, and delight
- Writing snappy, compelling video copy in the Food52 brand voice daily to tell the world about our Shop products, recipes, and features in an inventive, inviting, and conversational way
- Editing and working out the kinks in video copy and story through a fast-paced review process involving stakeholders across many teams
- Minimum 1 to 2 years editorial or copywriting experience in food or other lifestyle media
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of home cooking
- A love of our beautiful and functional kitchen and home goods, plus opinions about what makes each one compelling
- Demonstrated ability to write quickly, gracefully, and accurately—and adapt to our established brand voice
- Obsessive attention to detail: you're maddened by typos and broken links, delighted by finding and fixing them
- Cheerful, solution-oriented attitude under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary and health care packages
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and Leftover Flower Fridays
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.