We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re currently seeking a Senior Editor to join us in our New York City office. This is a fast-paced, dynamic job that will touch all aspects of our content, from recipe posts and weekly columns to long-form reported pieces and major editorial franchises that operate cross-channel (on the site, video, social, and email).
You’ll thrive in this role if you’re both an imaginative assigning editor and a meticulous line editor; if you boast killer multitasking skills; if you have a passion for all things food and cooking; and if you have an eagerness to take on projects big and small.
- Assign, edit, and top-edit a wide range of daily site content, from service-driven recipe posts to longform reported pieces to personal essays
- Brainstorm editorial tentpoles that can live as articles, video, social campaigns and email newsletters
- Communicate with and edit freelance contributors; recruit new writers across topic areas
- Build stories and recipes in our CMS
- Six to eight years of editing experience in the food and lifestyle categories
- Digital fluency, from a sense of what makes a clicky headline to familiarity working with a CMS
- An interest in and knowledge of cooking and food, along with a sense of what makes Food52 unique in this space
- An endless stream of new ideas
- The ability to think fast on your feet
- The ability to juggle many projects with overlapping deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Competitive salary & healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, and more
- Have you seen our office?
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter. In addition to detailing your experience, please tell us about your interests (food-related and/or otherwise!) and why you want to join the Food52 team.
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.