Director of Studio Operations
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead the operations of our quickly expanding creative studio. This person will work collaboratively with creative and business teams to manage all photo and video shoots. Scheduling, budgeting, driving the production process, location management, freelancer/talent management, and an abundance of communications and problem solving are the core requirements.
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.
- 5+ years experience in production of photography, video and/or graphic design. Previous experience in managing budgets and fast-moving projects.
- Understanding of roles, terminology, "set life", and benchmarks on costs and schedules
- Experience with project management software
- Hyper-organized and deadline-driven
- Great communicator & people-motivator
- Nimble, calm under pressure, and a master problem solve
- Competitive salary & healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- Monthly cocktail competitions
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks & Leftover Flower Fridays
- Have you seen our office? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/fashion/brad-shermans-office-interior-design-on-a-dorm-budget.html