We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home company. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
Food52, a fast-growing, James Beard Award-winning online food content and commerce destination, is currently looking for an Assistant Buyer to work with its Shop team in its New York City headquarters. This role will involve plenty of hands-on SKU and vendor interaction, coordination across multiple teams company-wide, a close relationship with your laptop, and access to lots of delicious coffee.
Who You Are
- You have 2-3 years retail experience.
- You have a keen eye (and taste!) for great products and beautiful tools and wares -- you understand our aesthetic.
- You have excellent analytical skills, and understand retail math and strategy.
- You’re a self-starter and problem-solver -- you have a keen eye and ideas for ways to improve a business
- You’re extremely detail-oriented -- you track down that missing piece of information and make sure all team members are up to speed on potential changes.
- You have impeccable communication skills -- both written and verbal. You understand tone and how to write an effective email.
- You’re process-driven and are constantly looking for ways to streamline and simplify complex tasks.
- You enjoy making new and managing existing merchant relationships. You pride yourself on being responsive and thinking creatively about how you can help each Shop partner grow their business on Food52.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy the fast-pace nature of working at a startup.
What You Will Do
- You will lead our Home and Outdoor verticals, including curation and SKU selection, assortment analysis, margin goals, trend reporting, and regular sales tracking. You will be managing 100+ strategic accounts in our Home and Outdoor sections, a large percentage of the Food52 Shop business.
- You will be responsible for onboarding new vendors (setting them up with access to our admin and answering any questions they may have before launch).
- You will proactively manage inventory and following up with vendors.
- You will support the Shop and Marketing teams on exciting projects like holiday pop-ups and shopping events.
- You will manage SKU setup in our admin & quality assurance process to ensure all details are completed and accurate before SKU goes live -- down to the last cent. This includes coordinating with our Editorial, Customer Care, and Creative teams daily.
- Competitive salary & healthcare package
- Annual bonus plan
- Unlimited vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks & Leftover Flower Fridays
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.