Senior Accounting Manager
We're Food52, and we've created a groundbreaking and award-winning cooking and home site. We support, connect, and celebrate home cooks, and give them everything they need in one place. We’re looking for a seasoned Accounting Manager to lead the small but mighty accounting team in our New York City headquarters. The ideal candidate must have experience managing month close, spearheading audits, excellent attention to detail, ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner, create scalable processes, ensure adherence to established accounting procedures and expense policies, and have a knack for problem-solving.
Work on something you care about! We’re a mission-driven company with a goal of inspiring and helping people become confident home cooks. You must also love snacks!
- Responsible for managing all day-to-day accounting activities, including: journal entries, monthly closing, revenue/cost/expense recognition, and reconciliation
- Monthly close and preparation of all financial statements
- Spearhead financial audit and manage communication with external auditors
- Proper revenue, cost, and expense recognition
- Review accounts payable and accounts receivable, including customer billing, vendor payment management, and collection management
- Maintain fixed assets, including depreciation and amortization schedules
- Manage travel and entertainment expenses
- Manage balance sheet schedules and reconciliations
- Develop company-wide policies and track implementation
- Structure, analyze, and derive action recommendations from large financial datasets
- Serve as trusted advisor to other departments
- Liaison to external stakeholders, including banks and investors
- Take on more responsibility as the company grows, including FP&A activities
A technically minded individual with a great understanding of accounting and finance, and a great eye for detail.
- You believe no type of work is either below or above you. We operate very light so both rudimentary and highly complex tasks are performed by all team members
- Degree in Accounting
- Ability to enforce travel and expense policies and continuously focus on process improvement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with Accounting Software -- Quickbooks Online and Bill.com preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneur at heart—you enjoy working as part of a small team, rapidly iterating on strategy, and getting your hands dirty to build something great
- Experience with an Audit
- Competitive salary and health care packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and Leftover Flower Fridays
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.