Director of Marketing Operations
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home company. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re looking for a full-time Director of Marketing Operations to join the marketing team in our New York City headquarters. Reporting to our CMO, in this role you will be responsible for helping to manage and execute key marketing projects and initiatives to completion, in alignment with both marketing and organizational goals. You will be the primary point-person responsible for managing marketing project timelines effectively and efficiently, and for ensuring that projects are executed at the highest quality level, on time, and within budget.
For this position, we are looking for someone who fosters teamwork, prioritizes tasks, demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, and has great attention to detail. The candidate should be highly methodical with excellent time-management and communication skills, as well as the ability to enable effective collaboration across teams in a fast-paced environment. You should be able to work on several projects at once, in collaboration with multiple teams. You'll be expected to manage or conduct meetings, present progress reports, and analyze the results of completed projects with an eye toward driving both creative and brand excellence as well as quantifiable marketing metrics.
- Develop and own the timeline of marketing projects, assign tasks, oversee completion of deliverables, develop contingency plans and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage multiple short and long-term marketing projects from inception to completion, on time and on budget.
- Lead meetings, check-ins, and stand-ups. Share agendas and key information in advance of meetings, keep the team aligned and on track, and outline clear next steps.
- Identify potential risks by highlighting scope changes and proactively working to mitigate these risks, and communicate clearly on changes.
- Utilize all marketing data systems to optimize projects in order to drive agreed-upon KPIs.
- Work in collaboration with Food52’s Director of Creative Operations, and utilize Food52’s project management systems and processes to enable tracking of progress of all marketing projects (as well as marketing components of company-wide projects) against deliverables.
- Keep management informed by preparing reports and making presentations on projects and overall resource allocation as needed.
- Extremely process/detail oriented, strong organizational skills
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, understands metrics and the management of data
- Deadline-driven, with the ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines and manage change easily
- Ability to use creative thinking to identify and solve problems
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple levels, roles, and functions in the organization
- Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must
- Puts collaboration at the top of the priority list, with strong interpersonal skills
Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of project management experience, marketing background strongly preferred
- Comfortable using project management software and systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus, but not necessary
- Experience in a start-up or other fast-paced work environment
- Competitive salary and healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (ask us about Summer Week & Winter Weeks!)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, and more
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.