Senior Creative Editor
We're Food52, and we've created a groundbreaking and award-winning cooking and home site. We support, connect, and celebrate home cooks, and give them everything they need in one place.
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Creative Editor to join the creative team in our New York City headquarters. Reporting to our Creative Director, in this role, you will help generate ideas for, develop, and edit creative assets for projects large and small.
You will thrive in this role if you have a creative and visual mindset, a knack for fine details and project management, and a deep love of the Food52 aesthetic and brand mission to inspire readers everywhere to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
- Generate creative visual content ideas (both video and still) for editorial, shop, social, and ad sales teams, and see them through—from single infographics to larger cross-team campaigns.
- Coordinate with these teams about messaging, balancing sometimes competing priorities about creative asset direction.
- Support the Creative Director and Art Director in overseeing messaging across the brand, becoming fluent in Food52’s aesthetic and written voice.
- Work with the Creative Operations Director to proactively project manage, hit all deadlines, and communicate when road bumps arise.
- Edit creative assets of all kinds for Food52 brand voice, style, and story—including videos, infographics, banners, printed collateral, and more.
- Generate and edit punchy, visually striking copy in the Food52 voice for creative campaigns.
- Create mood boards and storyboards to support art direction for photo and video shoots.
- A minimum of 3+ years in a creative/editorial role managing written and visual content, preferably including video.
- A minimum of 2+ years of digital experience.
- You must have experience managing performance/leading creative talent and be comfortable sharing feedback.
- Our top candidates will have experience in the food industry, a true love of food, and ability to edit in Food52’s tone and voice.
- A portfolio or collection of links to point to your creative work (please share the links below).
- A love of playing with digital visual elements and words to create a unified voice.
- A great respect for deadlines (and pride in staying ahead of them).
- A collaborative mindset and creative, nimble problem-solving skills.
- A cheerful attitude under pressure.
- Experience at food and/or lifestyle publications a big plus.
- Experience overseeing or producing graphic design a big plus.
- Experience producing and/or writing for video a big plus.
- Competitive salary and health care packages. Salary for this position: $65-$75K DOE
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and Leftover Flower Fridays
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.