Seasonal Customer Care Specialist (Oct-Jan)
Food52 is a fast-growing, James Beard Award-winning online food community, crowd-sourced and curated recipe hub. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, providing everything needed to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We're seeking a tech-savvy, performance-driven Seasonal Customer Care Specialist to join our team in our New York City headquarters and assist with holiday traffic. You will report to our Director of Customer Care, and partner with our Senior Customer Care Specialists to provide an experience that complements and parallels the quality goods in our shop.
The Food52 Shop brings like-minded makers and artisans together with our growing community of cooks and food lovers to celebrate their goods. We provide assistance to our community: troubleshooting questions and issues, including shipping questions, return requests, and general product inquiries. We’re fans of thorough care and a personal touch, so expect to make your personality and the Food52 brand shine in your interactions!
- Deliver memorable and effective Customer Care for our shoppers and the merchants and artists we partner closely with.
- Manage day-to-day outreach and follow-up with customers, merchants and makers via email and Zendesk.
- Quickly troubleshoot general questions and issues, including shipping, return requests, and product inquiries.
- Implement best practices and processes to maintain and improve customer relationships. We genuinely enjoy surprising our customers—and they like it too.
- Maintain a close eye on user experience and relay feedback to the Buying, Marketing and Product teams.
- Develop relationships with our merchant partners and customers.
- Exceptional coordination is a must as you will be working across multiple teams company-wide, deepening a relationship with your laptop.
- This is a short-term contract role. You must be available to work from early October through the end of January—this is a holiday support role. If you have flexible hours during the week—even better. Weekend and evening hours are available as well, and may be required at some points during the role.
- 1+ years in Customer Care, Support, or similar role.
- Prior experience with Zendesk or similar helpdesk platform is a must.
- A general understanding of fulfillment and e-commerce operations is a plus!
- Champion critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in home products, kitchen tools/wares, textiles, small artisans, and design.
- Proven record of strong organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills with an extreme attention to detail.
- Cheerful under pressure, curious, and thoughtful.
- Superior research skills, and a serious love of problem-solving.
- Self-motivated, nimble and has proven ability to handle challenging customer facing situations.
- Flexible schedule with the option of working from home.
- So many snacks!
- Quarterly cocktail competitions
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and Leftover Flower Fridays
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities and veterans--we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.