Director of People & Culture
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We're looking for a Director of People and Culture to support our passionate, dedicated team and continue to cultivate our dynamic, transparent, fun, and hard-working culture. In this role, you'll work closely with fellow team members, and play an integral part in helping us grow smoothly and happily. You will be the first point of contact for diverse people-related inquiries and issues, and a vital resource for the team. You'll also create and implement strategies and initiatives that benefit our team members and enhance our culture, and are aligned with the overall business goals.
- Maintain open, clear communication with all team members and act as primary resource and facilitator for any and all human resources questions or concerns
- Own/manage existing relationship with our third party PEO, including compensation and benefits administration
- Oversee employee orientation, development and training, as well as offboarding
- Develop and implement clear, effective performance management tools and processes; support all managers as they put these into practice
- Nurture a healthy, positive company culture. This includes: setting and communicating behavioral guidelines and expectations; organizing team-building activities; cultivating a sense of fun; modeling and enabling positive team interactions and communications; collaborating with other team members to maintain an inspiring and productive work environment
- Support current and future business needs by identifying and attracting new talent, and engaging, motivating, and preserving current talent and ensuring they have consistent opportunities for growth
- Use an analytical approach to support good business decisions and periodically evaluate and implement changes to the human resources programs, processes and third party providers
- Ensure company compliance with regulatory concerns and reporting, and all applicable federal and state laws;
- Manage organizational logistics and space planning as our team grows
- Actively support the safety, welfare, wellness and health of our entire team and provide support and counseling when necessary
- 5 or more years of experience as an HR generalist, with at least 2 at a fast-growing company
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations
- Firm understanding of human resources best practices
- Ability to work confidentially and responsibly at all levels within an organization, having access to sensitive information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Core competence building and effectively managing relationships at all levels of the company
- Strong analytical abilities, including reporting, synthesizing data, and creating positive solutions to problems and issues
- Outstanding initiative and sufficient organizational acumen to allow you to maintain a high volume workload
- Sense of humor and fun
Optional but Ideal:
- You share our love of food and/or cooking!
- Competitive salary and healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, and more
- Have you seen our office?
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter. In addition to detailing your experience, please tell us about your interests and why you want to join the Food52 team.
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.