We're Food52, and we've created an award-winning kitchen and home brand. We're a mission-driven company with a goal of inspiring and supporting kitchen and home enthusiasts by giving them everything they need in one place. We're seeking an eager, resourceful and detail-oriented Office Coordinator to support our growing team and care for the living, breathing space we all think of as our second home (featured here in the New York Times).
If you're ambitious, smart and willing to roll up your sleeves in order to make an impact at an innovative company that's an industry leader carving a new path in the content and commerce space, read on!
- Our office has a very home-like feel and you'll be in charge of keeping it this way—making sure it's cozy, attractive, and tidy (including emptying the dishwasher and taking out the trash) at all times. Show us your Insta and Pinterest zhuzh skills!
- Greet visitors and make them feel welcome, provide refreshments, etc.
- Collaborate with other team members to coordinate internal meetings and events.
- Run errands (usually somewhere fun like Eataly or Paper Presentation).
- Manage paperwork/document requests (anything that needs to be signed, approved, etc.) and maintain files.
- Manage contractors (cleaners, trash, UPS) and order/stock supplies.
- Oversee all office security and be prepared to act when an alarm goes off at 3 AM.
- Set a warm, friendly tone in the office and be a helpful and enterprising resource for all team members.
- Help set up and prep for events, where all of the things we work on come together.
- Provide on-boarding support for new team members, including giving tours of the office, coordinating a welcome gift and addressing any special equipment needs.
- Manage all inbound and outbound mail.
- Support the Customer Care team in various ways, including gift card fulfillment.
- In office-maintenance: if there's a leak in the kitchen or the A/C isn't working, you'll be in charge of diagnosing the problem and ensuring a prompt and thorough fix.
- Other sundry jobs to help keep the trains running!
- You're deeply organized—arguably to a fault. We run a lifestyle business that hinges on small but important details like making sure the right thank-you gift gets chosen, and then wrapped beautifully and sent promptly.
- You have superior communication skills. You'll be interacting with all sorts of people—including investors, partners, other entrepreneurs, real estate brokers trying to win our business, etc.
- You're a creative thinker. We're looking for someone who will not only pursue excellence in performing the job responsibilities listed here, but will always strive to improve and streamline what we do, and how we do it.
- You're cheerful under pressure.
- You're obsessed with tidiness and enjoy fixing things like a malfunctioning stapler or a wonky doorknob.
- You are an A+ multi-tasker and juggler of responsibilities big and small.
- You have a hunger for problem-solving and collaboration, all with the goal of driving Food52 forward.
- You're comfortable with the realities of a startup, including working long days and being on call during off hours.
- You are proactive and always looking for ways to be helpful and improve the day-to-day.
- You have a great sense of humor (i.e. think we're funny).
Competitive salary and healthcare packages
Annual bonus plan
No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
So many snacks!
An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and Leftover Flower Fridays
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.