Senior Customer Care Specialist (Mon-Wed, Sat, Sun)
Food52 is a fast-growing, James Beard Award-winning online food community, crowd-sourced and curated recipe hub. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, providing everything needed to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re looking for a tech-savvy, empathetic and enthusiastic people person to join our growing team as a Senior Customer Care Specialist. At Food52, we strive to create extraordinary experiences for our food community and Shop customers, and our Customer Care team takes this role seriously--while having a lot of fun! We’re on the front lines of the company, and we always strive to deliver a fantastic service to our customers and merchants to leave them feeling wow’d.
About the Role
- Support our Customer Care team in providing exceptional service via email and Zendesk.
- Quickly troubleshoot general questions and issues, including shipping/return requests and product inquiries.
- Implement best practices and processes to consistently improve customer relationships. We genuinely love delighting our users, and always look for new ways to do so!
- Maintain a close eye on the user experience and relay feedback to Food52’s Buying, Marketing and Product teams.
- Oversee fulfillment management for the team to help us make sure we’re proactively resolving any shipping issues that may arise.
This is a full-time, hourly position based in our New York office. During your time with us, you’ll help support our users on Mondays through Wednesdays and on the weekend -- depending on your shift and the day, you’ll have the opportunity to work remotely. This role will report to our Director of Customer Care.
- A bachelor's degree and at least 1-3 years of experience in customer support, member services, or a similar role. (Major bonus points for experience with Zendesk, Salesforce or a similar helpdesk platform.)
- Exceptional written communication skills--like us, you’re a stickler for grammar rules like then vs. than.
- Self-motivated, nimble and a proven ability to quickly resolve challenging customer-facing situations.
- A love for helping others; in fact, you feel most fulfilled when you do the impossible for someone else.
- Passion for understanding problems and making things right.
- Adaptable learner (we are a growing tech company, afterall!) and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- An interest in home products, kitchen tools/wares, textiles, small artisans, and design.
- A general understanding of fulfillment and e-commerce operations is a plus!
- Competitive salary & healthcare package
- Annual bonus plan
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and fresh ingredients.
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.