Assistant Editor Of Partner Content
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re currently seeking an Assistant Editor of Partner Content to join us in our New York City office. This is a fast-paced, dynamic job that will touch all aspects of partner content, from pre-sale brainstorming to putting the finishing touches on a story or recipe post. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re an energetic writer and meticulous editor with killer multi-tasking skills as well as a passion for all things food and cooking.
While professional writing and editing experience is essential, prior sponsored content experience is not required. We’re looking for a creative thinker with a broad understanding of all modes of digital storytelling, from Instagram stories to videos to longform. Oh, and please come with an appetite—we’ve got all the snacks!
- Assist the director of partner content with all aspects of conceiving and executing Food52’s partner content, including:
- Brainstorming story, video, social, and package ideas
- Communicating with and editing freelance contributors
- Writing sponsored stories, client deks, and video copy as needed
- Building stories and recipes in our CMS
- Writing regular editorial (non-sponsored) stories as your workload allows
- One to two years of professional writing and editing experience minimum
- Published writing clips relating to food and cooking
- Digital fluency/familiarity in working with a CMS
- An interest in and knowledge of cooking and food
- Ability to think fast on your feet
- An endless stream of new ideas
- Ability to juggle many projects with overlapping deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience writing or editing stories about related lifestyle topics such as travel and wellness are strongly preferred
- Some experience producing or writing copy for video is strongly preferred
- Competitive salary & healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, and more
- Have you seen our office?
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter. In addition to detailing your experience, please tell us about your interests (food-related and/or otherwise!) and why you want to join the Food52 team.
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.