Drop Ship Supply Chain Manager
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home company. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
Food52, a fast-growing, James Beard Award-winning online food content and commerce destination, is currently looking for a Drop Ship Fulfillment & Logistics Manager to join its Commerce team in its New York City headquarters. The person in this role will be responsible for ensuring that all drop ship vendors are delivering the Brand experience according to company policies and procedures, and will work closely with Food52’s Buying and Customer Care teams in streamlining systems and processes related to vendor fulfillment and Shop customer experience (including post-purchase). Candidates should be excited about plenty of hands-on SKU and vendor interaction, coordination across multiple teams company-wide, a close relationship with your laptop, and access to lots of delicious coffee!
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years experience with Ecommerce Fulfillment/Logistics/Operations (at least 1 year with Ecommerce Drop Ship operations).
- You’ve worked with different inventory and fulfillment models in Ecommerce (including Returns policies).
- You’re looking for a non-traditional, autonomous experience and culture.
- You’re a self-starter and problem-solver -- you have a keen eye and ideas for ways to improve a business.
- You understand the importance of Brand experience (for both Customers and Vendors)
- You’re extremely detail-oriented -- you track down that missing piece of information and make sure all team members are up to speed on potential changes.
- You have impeccable communication skills -- both written and verbal. You understand tone and how to write an effective email.
- You have a good grasp of Microsoft Excel and a passion for data; you know how to use analytics to create an action plan.
- You’re process-driven and are constantly looking for ways to streamline and simplify complex tasks.
- You enjoy Vendor operations and relationships. You pride yourself on being responsive and thinking proactively about how partners can work together to improve efficiency and profitability.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy the fast-pace nature of working at a startup.
- You’re a leader, but also a collaboration junkie; you can succeed as an island, but appreciate the importance of teamwork.
- You have experience working with Product and/or Engineering teams on backend site improvements to streamline internal and external operations.
- (Preferred) You have knowledge of and have worked with EDI.
What You Will Do
- With support from Commerce leads, you will improve the customer and vendor experience across all fulfillment channels with our 300+ Drop Ship vendors, from large warehouses to small one-person studios.
- Responsible for the vendor drop ship program, you will be ensuring all fulfillment-type orders are flowing correctly (warehouse when applicable, drop ship, gift card, e-gift card) to optimize operational experience on a Customer, Brand, and Vendor level.
- You will assist on Customer tickets involving Vendor issues, such as Late Orders, Misshipments, Short-Shipments, and Customer Returns.
- You will lead the implementation of a new and improved Customer Return policy, from logistics to activation to analytics.
- You will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to improve fulfillment and logistic efficiency through automated backend systems.
- You will work directly with Vendors and Commerce leads on packaging requirements and improvements, such as Collateral inclusion, package sizing, shipping couriers, etc. to deliver the best Customer and Brand experience possible while keeping profitability top-of-mind.
- In conjunction with Commerce leads, you will make sure all Vendor legal paperwork is up-to-date and stored properly.
- You will support the Commerce and Marketing teams on exciting projects like pop-ups and shopping events.
- Competitive salary & healthcare package
- Annual bonus plan
- Unlimited vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks & Leftover Flower Fridays
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.