We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re currently seeking a Part-Time Copywriter to work remotely or join us in our New York City office. This is a fast-paced, dynamic role writing copy for our site and email newsletters about the uniquely curated goods in our Shop as well as Food52 articles and recipes.
You’ll thrive in this role if you’re an inventive and detail-oriented copywriter; if you are a master at prioritization; and if you have a passion for all things home, design, and food.
- Writing a large batch of email newsletters in the Food52 brand voice every week, telling the world about our Shop products, recipes, and features in an inventive, inviting, and conversational way
- Working out the kinks in those emails through a fast-paced review process involving stakeholders across many teams
- Keeping an eye on the internet and the seasons at all times, to spot trends worth incorporating into promotions
- Working closely with the editorial, marketing, commerce, and customer service teams to promote the Food52 brand both online and in print
- Researching, critically considering, and writing online product copy for designs in our Shop with an eye for customer experience, humor, and delight
- Pitching and writing rich stories to support our products and makers
- Minimum 1 to 2 years editorial or copywriting experience in home design and/or food media
- A love of beautiful and functional kitchen and home spiffer-uppers, plus opinions about what makes each one compelling
- Demonstrated ability to write quickly, gracefully, and accurately—and adapt to an established brand voice
- Obsessive attention to detail: you're maddened by typos and broken links, delighted by finding and fixing them
- Cheerful, solution-oriented attitude under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and Leftover Flower Fridays
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.