Partner Content Editor
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. Through our unique commerce, content, and community business model, we support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re currently seeking a Partner Content Editor to join us in our New York City office. This is a fast-paced, dynamic job that will touch many aspects of partner content, from pre-sale brainstorming to putting the finishing touches on a story or recipe post. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re an energetic writer and a meticulous editor with killer multitasking skills as well as a passion for all things food and cooking.
Professional writing and editing experience is essential, and prior sponsored content experience is a huge plus. We’re looking for a creative thinker with a broad understanding of all modes of digital storytelling, from Instagram stories and videos to recipe headnotes and longform articles. Oh, and please come with an appetite—we’ve got all the snacks!
- Brainstorming story, video, social, infographic, and packaging ideas
- Communicating with and editing freelance contributors
- Writing sponsored stories and client deks
- Building stories and recipes in our CMS
- Writing, editing, and approving video copy
- Working with our Ad/Sales team on pre-sale and post-sale ideas
- Working closely with Social team on translating key points into social copy
- Managing deadlines and expectations in Asana, our project management tool
- 3-4 years of professional writing and editing experience; food media experience is highly desirable
- Experience writing or editing stories about related lifestyle topics such as travel and wellness are strongly preferred
- Experience producing or writing copy for video is strongly preferred
- Experience working in client services or advertising a plus
- Digital fluency/familiarity in working with a CMS
- Strong knowledge of/interest in food media, cooking, and recipe development
- An endless stream of new ideas
- The ability to think fast on your feet and problem-solve creatively
- The ability to juggle many projects with overlapping deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Competitive salary and healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week!)
- Flexible hours
- Monthly Gym Stipend
- Annual Citibike membership
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks, and more
- Have you seen our office?
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter. In addition to detailing your experience, please tell us about your interests and why you want to join the Food52 team.
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.