Strategy & Finance Manager
We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home company. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re looking for a talented Strategy & Finance Manager to proactively review and challenge the status quo to drive game changing results.
This position is based in NYC and sits at the nexus of strategy, operations, and finance at Food52. The role will report jointly to the VP of Commerce and the Director of Finance. You must thrive on solving problems and removing roadblocks, know how to look beyond the obvious for solutions, leverage structured and unstructured data, and be able to influence stakeholders and decision-makers through fact-based, thoughtful recommendations and strong interpersonal skills. You also need to be nimble, creative and persistent. Expect to bring your personality and the Food52 brand to life in any and all interactions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as this role involves regular presentations to the executive team
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with experience building complex models; track record of analyzing data from various sources into reports, analyzing trends and making fact-based recommendations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to influence decisions and strategy
- Ability to remove roadblocks
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- BA or higher degree in quantitative field, preferably Accounting, Economics, Business or Finance; MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-6 years experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm, investment banking, or corporate strategy team; ecommerce and startup experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and/or G-suite; SQL knowledge a plus
- Spearhead timely execution of strategy, operations, and finance initiatives at Food52
- Develop insights and clear recommendations to support key executive decisions (internal and external)
- Work with the VP of Commerce to evaluate short-, medium-, and long-term growth opportunities and drive data/reporting for the Food52 commerce business
- Analyze the competitive landscape and identify opportunities for Food52 commerce to further distinguish its offering
- Assess company strengths and weaknesses in the ecommerce market, determine what can be addressed and how, and champion internally to affect change in product, positioning, pricing, packaging, etc.
- Identify opportunities and threats in the broader market landscape and devise action paths to materialize or mitigate external forces
- Determine, understand, and create best in class tools, materials, and perspective to arm buying, merchandising, and customer care teams with actionable insight
- Perform both regular and ad-hoc financial data analysis, deriving concrete action recommendations, and succinctly presenting data and findings to finance team
- Serve as thought partner to departments and functions, leveraging structured and unstructured data in reaching the best outcome
- Competitive salary & healthcare packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- Monthly cocktail competitions
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks & Leftover Flower Fridays
Have you seen our office? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/fashion/brad-shermans-office-interior-design-on-a-dorm-budget.html
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.