We're Food52, and we've created a groundbreaking and award-winning cooking and home site. We support, connect, and celebrate home cooks, and give them everything they need in one place.
We’re looking for a fulltime Food Stylist to join the creative team in our New York City headquarters. Reporting to our Creative Director, in this role, you will also work closely with our Art Director and Test Kitchen Chef to style food photographed across our brand for editorial, branded, commerce, and marketing initiatives, with potential for cooking and styling for video as well.
This role will require a deep love and knowledge of cooking and what it takes to make food look delicious naturally, a strong appreciation of Food52’s aspirational but approachably messy aesthetic, and excellent collaboration and communication skills in working with our kitchen team to create the most beautiful food possible. And then feed it to our very appreciative staff (including you!).
- Work together with the Food52 Test Kitchen Chef and team about pre-production of ambitious shot lists, then on timing and order of shots each day
- Communicate with editorial, advertising, commerce, and marketing teams about requests and deliverables
- Style final plated dishes, prep scenes, and ingredient features for editorial, branded, commerce, and marketing, with potential for video as well as still shoots
- Select recipes to show off with our kitchen tools and in tabletop scenes for Shop shoots
- Work with a variety of regular and new freelance photographers, prop stylists, and assistants on set to creatively and efficiently complete shot lists
- Potential for acting as on-camera hand talent for cooking videos
- Potential for recipe development and writing, but not required
- 2+ years on-set food and/or prop styling or assisting experience, more a plus
- Demonstrated food styling work in line with Food52’s style (please supply a link to your portfolio and/or Instagram below)
- Culinary school and/or substantial other cooking experience required
- Propping interest and experience a big plus
- Video interest and experience a big plus
- A love of recipes and reflecting them beautifully and accurately
- A collaborative mindset and creative, nimble problem-solving skills
- A cheerful attitude under pressure
- Competitive salary and health care packages
- Annual bonus plan
- No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks and Leftover Flower Fridays
- Have you seen our office?
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.