We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home brand. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We’re looking for an Editor-in-Chief who will improve our best-in-class editorial and position as the leading voice in the kitchen and home space. This will involve recruiting and inspiring top editorial talent, evolving our editorial strategy, developing editorial franchises, and partnering with our shop, ad sales, and product teams.
- Expand Food52’s exceptional editorial beyond kitchen into home, travel, and wellness, and find new ways to keep our community engaged.
- Create an editorial strategy that will grow our audience to become a household name synonymous with thoughtful eating and joyful living.
- Expand our writing to be more inclusive, ambitious, and timely.
- In collaboration with other teams, drive larger scale projects that are amplified across all of our channels.
- Develop editorial franchises that can be expanded through books, video, and other media.
- Recruit and inspire top editorial talent through both staff hires and contributors.
- Streamline editorial operations to improve efficiency while maintaining quality.
- Coordinate with the creative team to produce photography and video assets required to tell merchandising stories.
- Track monthly performance to plan, meeting and exceeding goals for traffic and revenue. Analyze and report on editorial data across all channels, plus broader competitor and industry trends, and use findings to inform future strategies.
You’re a born leader with vision about where you can take Food52.
You’re fast, nimble, funny. You focus on empowering teams to do their best work, rather than micromanaging.
You’re connected in the editorial world, not just the food writing world.
You have knowledge and understanding of metrics, social platforms, video -- and experience with native content creation/working with brands.
You have an innovation mindset and bring good judgment and wisdom to the challenges you face.
You also know how to help out in the trenches and see your role not merely as one of strategic decision making and vision, but also as one of service to your team. You lead by example and talented people naturally find themselves wanting to work with you and follow your lead.
You have a minimum of 3 years of editorial leadership experience at a lifestyle media company.
You have expertise using data to measure success and analyze editorial trends, and a proven track record for tracking to budget and KPIs.
You have strong organizational and cross-functional project-management skills, with extreme attention to detail.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and thrive on collaboration.
You have a keen interest in kitchen, tabletop and home design, and a curiosity about, if not an understanding of, the e-commerce industry.
Competitive salary & healthcare packages
Annual bonus plan
No tracking of sick or vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
So many snacks!
Monthly cocktail competitions
An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks & Leftover Flower Fridays
Have you seen our office? https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/fashion/brad-shermans-office-interior-design-on-a-dorm-budget.html
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.